Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Architecture

Nautilus House, Mexico
1. Built by- Javier Senosiain
2. The house was completed in 2007
3. Located in- Naucalpan de Juarez, Mexico
4. Private property
5. Cost to build- $218,000
6. Javier wanted to feel closer to nature with his family
7. I picked this building because the colorful glass on the building caught my eye.  After I saw it I wanted to see how it looked from different views and on the inside. It has a really cool layout and when I first saw it I was amazed that it was a house.



Kansas City Public Library, United States


1. Built by- Brian M. Finn
2. It was finished in 2004
3. Located in- Kansas City, Missouri
4. Can be visited
5. Cost to build- $200,000
6. It's a parking garage but I couldn't find anything on why they built the way they did.
7. I chose this building because it was a very strange design for a building and looked really cool.  I found out that the part that looks like books is a parking garage and isn't actually the library part which I found amusing.  The amount of detail put into the books was incredible and it amazed me.


Eden project, United Kingdom

1. Built by- Nicholas Grimshaw
2. It was finished in 2000
3. Located in- Cornwall, UK
4. Can be visited
5. Cost to build- £86.5m
6. The building was made in an abandoned clay pit and the first few months of construction was filled with rain, this flooded parts of the pit.
7. I chose this building because I had heard of it before but I didn't know much about it.  When I saw it I was amazed by how big it was. I thought the design of the building was great and it kind of looked like, to me, a bunch of bubbles cluttered around each other.  Since I had heard of the building I wanted to find out more about what it was.
 
 
 
Nord LB building, Germany
1. Built by- Behnisch, Behnisch & Partner
2. It was finished in 2002
3. Located in- Hanover, Germany
4. Can be visited
5. Cost to build- I couldn't find a cost
6. The building is a bank and contains a large art collection.
7. I picked this building because it looks crazy and fun.  Parts of the building don't look like they should stay up, they don't look supported enough.  The building has a very strange design for a bank which makes it all the more cool.


Krzywy Domek (The Crooked House), Poland
 
1. Built by- Szotyńscy & Zaleski
2. It was finished in 2004
3. Located in- Sopot, Poland
4. Can be visited
5. Cost to build- I couldn't find a cost
6. The design was inspired by fairytale illustrations.
7. I chose this building because I wasn't even sure what it was until looking it up.  It reminds me of Salvador Dali's 'The Persistence of Memory' or as most people probably know it, that painting with the melting clocks.  It has the same droopy appearance as in the painting and I thought that was really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment